Saturday, August 16, 2008

Message from Philadelphia Chapter President


BDPA Philadelphia chapter is the back-to-back BDPA Chapter of the Year! One reason for their success is the relationship built by the chapter president, Monique Berry, with members, sponsors and other stakeholders. She issues her personal message to the membership each month. Here is what she had to say to them in August 2008:


"When prospective members visit or attend BDPA events, I try to meet personally with as many of them as possible. I think it makes a good statement about the organization and underlines our willingness to speak about the BDPA experience. It also reinforces our approach to building relationships, and demonstrates the benefits of networking in the middle of this highly energetic small technology community.

But I have to admit that I also think it's a lot of fun.

I like trying to get a clear picture of exactly who is checking us out. I also like to make my pitch about why we are different than other professional organizations: "... hey, at BDPA, we're all about the professional development of the members."

However, what I am passionate about is finding out how the visitor heard about BDPA. When I hear that they found us through a word from one of our very own, a member, well that's the best. That lets me know that there is real pride involved. Having one friend tell another to check us out is a very personal and very real stamp of approval. This lets us know that we're doing something right.

I hope that BDPA members (students and professionals) recognize how important personal referrals are to BDPA. You are our best voice and our best hope for continued growth and success.

Please keep 'em coming.

I look forward to seeing you next week."

Regards,
Monique F. Berry
President, BDPA Philadelphia
Vision: Partnering for Continued Growth!

No comments: