Monday, October 19, 2015

Eliza Dizon Wins JnJ Scholarship for her Senior Year at Virginia State University

Eliza Dizon
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Johnson & Johnson awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to eight (8) students. One of those students is Virginia State University senior Eliza Dizon. Eliza is currently a Business Management Information Systems Major and Cyber Security and Forensics Minor who plans to graduate next year.

We now live in a world that is more connected than ever before. The Internet touches almost all aspects of everyone’s daily life, whether we realize it or not. Recognizing the importance of cybersecurity to our nation, President Obama designated October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month. It is appropriate that Eliza wins this scholarship because she plans to use her technical skills gained at VSU when she joins the military after graduation.
"There are few BDPA members at my university, so the best times I have had are trying to recruit other members through my testimony. Being a member of BDPA has given me the opportunity to network with current IT professionals thus feeling more comfortable with adjusting from the classroom to the workforce," said Eliza. "By awarding me this Scholarship Award, you have lightened my financial burden which allows me to focus more on the most important aspect of school, learning. Your generosity has inspired me to help others and give back to the community. I hope one day I will be able to help students achieve their goals just as you have helped me."
Eliza is a member of our BDPA Richmond chapter. We encourage our readers to take a moment to make a secure donation in support of the BDPA Richmond scholarship program.

No comments: