Sunday, October 29, 2017

Tracy Edmonds Uses Her Wanda Everett Scholarship at Hampton University

Daugherty Business Solutions offered the first annual Wanda Everett Scholarship this year to two students. One of the scholars is Tracy Edwards who plans to use her scholarship as a student at Hampton University.

Tracy Edwards, is a junior physics major at Hampton University. She currently works as a research assistant at The Hampton University Cancer Research Center. Using bioinformatics, the focus of Tracy's research is the identification of breast cancer predisposition DNA repair variants among women with breast cancer and its relation to ancestry. Tracy completed a total of three internships thus far. The first being in Optical Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis, where she received her first publication in the The Journal of Biomedical Optics. During the last two academic years, Tracy interned at Vanderbilt University in the Biophotonics laboratory. As a career, Tracy's goal is to earn a doctoral degree in Medical physics advancing techniques used in cancer therapy.

We asked Tracy to share her thoughts on Daugherty Business Solutions
:

Tracy Edwards * Everett Scholar (2017)
"Before the beginning of the academic school year, I was invited to visit the Daugherty Business solutions office located in St. Louis, MO. As an awardee of the Wanda Everett BDPA Scholarship, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the members of the corporation that knew her best. During my visit, I meet with Sarah Chapin who did a wonderful job explaining to me the history of the corporation as well as introducing me to the entire staff. As a whole, the team was very open and welcoming. I was even exposed to future internship and philanthropic aspects of the company that I can potentially partake in. In all my visit increased my gratitude for their financial support in my education and I look forward to working with them in the future."

BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student as a winner of the Wanda Everett Scholarship for BDPA Students. We look forward to supporting Tracy's career as she seeks to advance her career in the medical industry

No comments: