Thursday, October 11, 2007

BDPA Entrepeneur: Wanda Gray (Cincinnati)


One of my favorite BDPA people is Wanda (McCaster) Gray. She served as VP-Membership Management for BDPA Cincinnati chapter during the time that I was chapter president. When Wanda started her own IT business a few years ago she joined my small business incubator.

So it is with great pride that I tell the world that this young sister's restaurant, Grays Country Cooking, is now open for business in West Chester Township (Ohio). Wanda left a career in IT about a year ago to start her catering business featuring old-fashioned Southern cooking. Now she has moved into a new space, where she'll have takeout as well.

"I've learned things from my mother, and other things from cooking school," says Gray. "It's mainly traditional, but I'll be adding more flavor to old-fashioned dishes."

Her menu includes roasted chicken, corn soufflé, greens, fried chicken and ribs. For now, it's takeout or buffet-style catering, though she plans to add restaurant seating. Grays Country Cooking is in the former location of A Touch of Julia's at 8095 Beckett Centre Drive. It's open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday and 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. 513-860-2665; http://www.grayscountrycooking.com/

No comments: