Monday, April 14, 2014

Long Story Short: LaDonna Crum (BDPA Greater Birmingham)

LaDonna Crum is an applications support analyst. She took on another critical role last year as the president of our BDPA Greater Birmingham chapter and she has been lighting things up in Alabama with a fervent roar about the benefits of membership in BDPA. She is attracting new volunteers and funding ... and she is planning an aggressive schedule of programs and services for both students and IT professionals in Birmingham. Her chapter is currently the 34th largest in the nation.

This blog has shared LaDonna's profile with its readers in the past. This time we wanted to get a more personal look into the personality of this rising BDPA leader. We asked LaDonna to give brief answers to some odd questions. We hope you enjoy this new feature that we simply call, 'Long Story Short...'
LaDonna Crum
  1. Favorite way to exercise? - My favorite way to exercise would be to ride the bike. This is the only exercise that motivates me to 'keep going'. This is the exercise that I benefit the most from in terms of 'no pain-no gain' and at the end of my workout, I always go back to the bike to finish the workout.
  2. How do you kill time in airports? - I kill time at the airports by preparing myself for any future events and organizing my professional life. I will updating my 'to-do' list, create mental notes to remind myself of deadlines or think of creative way to approach my professional life. Sometimes, I just read the new 'Around The World'.
  3. Least favorite chore? - My least favorite chore is cleaning the bathroom, despite the fact that I am very proud of myself afterwards. It appears to be the sloppiest cleaning job in existence based on the sheer number of cleaning tools and cleaning solutions for different parts of the bathroom.
  4. Simple things that make you happiest? - The simple thing that makes me the happiest is when people say, 'thank you'. It makes my day when I help someone and I receive a sincere 'thank you'!
  5. Who you'd like to meet? - I would like to meet Taraji P. Henson. Several people have said that I resemble her and over time I have come to admire her.

Hey LaDonna --- THANK YOU!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK ... I admit to ignorance. Is 'Around The World' a magazine of some sort?