Saturday, August 12, 2017

Ashley Shorter Uses Wanda Everett Scholarship at Florida A&M University

BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Daugherty Business Solutions awarded a $2,500 college Wanda Everett scholarship to Ashley Shorter.  Ashley is a member of the BDPA St. Louis chapter who will use the scholarship to pursue her computer science degree.

Ashley Shorter
Ashley Shorter is a second year computer science student attending Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University. My career goals include becoming a software developer to increase the diversity pipeline at major technology companies. While she is in school, Ashley works in the ITS Department as a Web Developer, and she is currently a Web Development Engineer Intern at Express Scripts.

We asked Ashley to share her thoughts on BDPA:

"I began my involvement with BDPA during my junior year of high school in the High School Computer Competition in the St. Louis Chapter. Since then, my personal network and knowledge of the IT industry has expanded immensely. What I learned during HSCC enabled me to get a job at my university as a Web Developer as well as a summer internship on the Web Optimization team. I continue my involvement with BDPA by competing in the Mobile Application Competition this year, and I will continue my participation with BDPA for many years to come."

BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student as a winner of the Wanda Everett Scholarship for BDPA Students. We look forward to supporting Ashley's career as she seeks to advance her career in the technology industry!

No comments: