Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Jalil Peterman Will Use Bemley Scholarship at Coastal Carolina University

Jalil Peterman
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Jalil Peterman will use the Bemley Scholarship awarded all the members of the BDPA Greater Columbia High School Computer Competition (HSCC) team with a $1,000 college scholarship to support his study of graphic design at the Coastal Carolina University. Jalil is a 2017 graduate from Dutch Fork High School. Regarding career goals, Jalil plans to study graphic design at Coastal Carolina University to gain better knowledge of this field and become a Graphics Designer for a shoe or clothing company.

We asked Jalil to share his thoughts on BDPA:

"The most memorable moment from BDPA that I can take with me would of course be the experience of the HSCC competition. From the day we left for the conference until the day we got home, we had a very unique experience. I remember our instructor coming over to our room to give us presenting tips and reviewing key words with us. The day of the competition had my mind everywhere, being in a room full of other competitors that possess the same skill as us but only few could come out on top. On the day of the award ceremony I was very surprised when they called our name for coming in third place. Knowing you worked hard on something and it paying off like that is something I will never forget.


BDPA Gr. Columbia (Braxton, Briana, Jalil)
Participating in the BDPA program has left me with a more open mind about how to solve problems and most definitely how to interact with others and present myself to others. I have also taken away 'how to plan out' and 'how to get certain task done' is a much better use of my time."

BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student as a winner of the Bemley Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Jalil's career as he seeks to advance in the technology industry!

No comments: