Thursday, October 13, 2011

HSCC Testimonial: Christian West (BDPA Philadelphia, 2008)

BDPA Philadelphia chapter president Hayward West has many reasons to love BDPA. One of those reasons is that his son, Christian West, was a participant in the 2008 National BDPA HSCC Championship. Christian is now a journalism student at Northwestern University who is also interning with NFL Pro Weekly. 

Christian was kind enough to share his thoughts about BDPA with us recently:

"My time working with the BDPA Philadelphia chapter and their high school computer competition (HSCC) program was one of the best learning experiences in my life. I was exposed to different levels of technology that I had never been exposed to. I can honestly say that the experience with HSCC was instrumental in my ability to get into college and have a high level of success there.

In addition to the learning experience, I got a chance to travel to Atlanta for the national BDPA conference and compete in the national HSCC championship. Not only was the competition a great experience but I had a chance to network with successful role models who have continued to help me in my endeavors since.

Lastly, the great part of the experience was the camaraderie the HSCC group shared, becoming a fun group of people that made having to get up early on Saturday morning worthwhile. I’m very grateful for my experience in HSCC and recommend it for anyone trying to improve themselves."

BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is working to provide college scholarships for our HSCC participants. Our vision is that these young people are able to earn full 4-year scholarships in the future. For now, we need your help. Please consider making a donation to the BDPA Philadelphia HSCC Scholarship Fund to help young 'uns like Christian West! Doable?

No comments: