Monday, September 10, 2007

HSCC Testimonial: Kelly Hill (2001-2003)

Kelly Hill represented BDPA Los Angeles chapter in the national high school computer competitions held in Chicago (2001), Orlando (2002) and Philadelphia (2003). She is a positive example of the power of our student information technology education & scholarship (SITES) program. Kelly was kind enough to provide us with a testimonial on her experience. She wrote,
My name is Kelly Hill and I’m from Los Angeles, California. I am currently a junior at Clark Atlanta University where I am majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Management. I currently work for the IRS as a Data Transcriber. After graduating from Clark Atlanta, I intend on working in corporate for no longer than five years and then pursue my dream as an entrepreneur. I want to collaborate with my brother, Clyde Hill, to start a computer company. Those are my long term goals that I will achieve.

BDPA has helped me learn how to work with others in a team based setting. They’ve also taught me how to problem solve because I am able to take what I’ve learned from the computer aspect and apply it to problem solving issues in the business world. So, BDPA has been a useful resource that I still communicate with and rely on for support and knowledge.
We want to increase the amount of scholarship funding available to Kelly and others like her. BETF-Blog readers can make an instant donation to the Bemley Scholarship Fund right now if you so desire. Click here or use the options available to you in the right-hand navigation bar of this blog.

In the meantime, why not POST A COMMENT to Kelly Hill. Let her know what you think of her testimonial!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting to my neighborhood.

Unknown said...

Hi Sam! We are very proud of the accomplishments of your chapter. With any luck I will have chance to be your guest speaker next month at the Oct 2007 program meeting. Do you think that we can have testimonials from your 2007 HSCC team members? Also, do you have any photos from your 2007 conference experience that you care to share with us?

peace, Villager (Wayne)

Unknown said...

All - I was very proud to see Kelly serving as a HSCC chaperone for the team from Los Angeles that competed last month in the national competition held in Atlanta GA. Classroom to the boardroom...