Monday, January 21, 2013

Who Am I? - Dr. Jesse Bemley (Founder, IT Showcase and High School Computer Competition)

BDPA and the BDPA Education and Technology Foundation strive to make a difference in both the Black community. We have some serious people who volunteer to implement programs that will advance the careers of African Americans in the IT industry. We don't always get a chance to know our BDPA leaders in a personal way. This blog decided to try and provide you with a different perspective ... a different look ... at our BDPA leaders.



Who Am I?

Dr. Jesse Bemley

IF I WERE A...
  • MONTH, I would be... April
  • COLOR, I would be... Black
  • TIME OF DAY, I would be... Morning
  • SUPERPOWER, I would be... USA
  • FLOWER, I would be... Rose
  • SONG, I would be... 'No Charge' (Shirley Caesar)
  • CAR, I would be... Neon
  • ITEM OF CLOTHING, I would be... suit
  • ANIMAL, I would be... a Pit Bull
  • FOOD, I would be... Turkey
  • MOVIE, I would be... True Grit
  • CITY/TOWN, I would be... Memphis
  • SPORT, I would be... Football
Dr. Bemley is the creative genius behind both the BDPA High School Computer Competition and the BDPA IT Showcase. What isn't well-known is that Dr. Bemley is also a past president of the BDPA Washington DC chapter.

Our hope is that Dr. Bemley will join us here on the blog to share deeper insights into these things via the COMMENTS feature! What did you learn about BDPA's intellectual beacon via this blog post that you may never have known otherwise?

No comments: