Friday, August 19, 2016

Demetrius King Uses Monsanto Scholarship at Morehouse College

Demetrius King
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Monsanto awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to four (4) students. One of those students is Demetrius King of Morehouse College.

Demetrius recently joined our BDPA Atlanta chapter. When asked to share his thoughts on being a Monsanto scholar, Demetrius wrote,

"I am Demetrius King and I am a rising junior, computer science major at Morehouse College. I currently plan on starting an app development company after graduating with my undergraduate degree. The summer of 2016 I worked at the United States Department of Energy, where I built an online database.

In the short time that I have been in BDPA, it has been great. The most memorable part of my BDPA experience has been gaining connections with other students involved with BDPA. Being involved with BDPA has allowed to find students of my similar interests and caliber. I have also gained more confidence in myself as a Black male in technology as a result of BDPA. I hope to get even more involved in the future, so I can gain more connections and experience."
BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented technology student on board as both a member and as winner of the Monsanto Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Demetrius' career as he seeks to advance in the technology industry!

No comments: