Monday, August 22, 2016

Katryce Bridges Uses her Monsanto Scholarship at Rockford University

Katryce Bridges * Rockford University
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Monsanto awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to four (4) students. One of those students is Katryce Bridges of Rockford University.

When asked to share her thoughts on being a Monsanto scholar, Katryce wrote,

"Hello, my name Is Katryce Bridges and I am a Musical Theatre Major at Rockford University. I will also be working towards a minor in business, which will enable me to manage my own finances, oversee my own contracts, and create my own business in the future. During my summer breaks, I will intern at various companies, so that I may learn to apply all of the knowledge that I will receive in school.

My ultimate goal is to perform professionally on Broadway, in Movies, in TV Shows, and so much more. I never want to stop learning and I am willing to accept any challenge that comes my way. While in high school, I was given the opportunity to work at Donald Gaddis Insurance Company. My position was Assistant to the Senior Accountant at Donald Gaddis Insurance Company, during the summers of 2013 and 2014. I gained a wealth of knowledge while working there. My responsibilities were organizing, filing, and scanning checks and invoices and delivering important documents. My work ethic grew immensely after working for Donald Gaddis Insurance Company. I may not be a science, math, or technology major but I do understand and appreciate how these subjects impact the world and how it helps to make the world a better and more efficient place when used properly."
BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student on board as winner of the Monsanto Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Katryce's career as she seeks to advance in the music industry!

No comments: