Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HSCC Testimonial: Jasmine Hagler (2003)


Jasmine Hagler is a HSCC alumni member from our BDPA New York chapter. She shared her testimonial with us recently. Jasmine wrote,
I am Jasmine A. Hagler and a member of the BDPA-NY chapter. As a member and representative for the High School Computer Competition (HSCC) held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in August 2003. I found it very informative and enjoyable.

The five-day competition consisted of many different sections. After extensive training from April through August, we were told to create a web application program for a problem in about 5 hours, as the main part of the competition. The other days we had written and oral questions about many topics involving computer technology and BDPA historic background. We were privileged to have the opportunity to learn VBScript, HTML, Microsoft Access, and ASP, along with others.

The members responsible for the entire competition put a lot of care, love and dedication into putting the 25th Annual National BDPA Conference together. I believe it paid off because many students walked away with more knowledge about BDPA, its sponsors, career opportunities, friends and just a good time. Although I went into BDPA not interested in Information Systems, I have found a new interest that has no limits in the fast changing world since receiving the chance to go to the conference.

Inasmuch as I enjoyed myself, I am looking forward to continuing my membership and gaining all that I can from this experience because opportunities such as this will not be available again. I am grateful for the exciting time I had and thankful for the chance to share with anyone, my experience with BDPA.
Any thoughts on Jasmine's words?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any New York chapter members or supporters or HSCC alumni reading our blog?