- Appointed Coram Rimes as Vice President of Finance;
- Brand rejuvenation focused on visual optics and updating programming that will increase our member value proposition for current and prospective members, corporate partners, sponsors and students;
- Registration or training opened for the High School Computer Competition, Mobile Application and IT Showcase programs. I encourage all students, trainers and sponsors to engage in one of these signature programs;
- Reviewed and confirmed organizational finances, including evaluation of 2014 Conference expenses and our plan of action to retire this debt; and
- The 2015 Technology Conference and Career Fair planning is underway and the team is positioned to deliver our best Conference ever. The discount conference registration rate of $300 has been extended until February 28th.
In that same spirit, February is also the month we celebrate Black History. Our legacy is one that we can all be proud of and commemorate every day, but especially over the next twenty-six days. In addition, I am encouraging everyone to participate in local Black Family Technology Awareness Week activities.
renew your membership, register for the Conference and get busy with your local chapter. As a reminder, your local, regional and national leadership stand ready to listen, learn and lead based on your feedback and participation. Thank you in advance for your continued support and collaboration.
In closing, I want to THANK YOU again for the opportunity to serve our great organization as President and please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Pamela L. Mathews, president