Thursday, October 21, 2010

Message from Youth Technology Camp Participant

Kelly Cooke is a student member of the BDPA Los Angeles chapter. She participated in the chapter's youth technology training classes earlier this year. Although she wasn't a member of the chapter's 2010 national High School Computer Competition (HSCC) team ... she did take advantage of the opportunity to participate in the 2010 BDPA Youth Technology Camp (YTC) that was held in Philadelphia PA.

Kelly shared her thoughts on the experience with members of the BDPA Los Angeles chapter leadership team. We are publishing her message for the world to see:

Dear Beverly, Temitope, John, and Rodd,

After all the Saturdays the students came in to learn about designing websites, I was happy for the people who were picked for the L.A. team. Although representing the BDPA Los Angeles Chapter would have been an honor, I still consider myself privileged to have attended the conference. This provided a great experience to meet students interested in the IT field.

Although, in the beginning I was not excited to go to the YTC Workshops, I am happy that I decided to participate. I participated in activities that I had not done prior to the workshop, talked to new people, and created memories. The activities that were planned for the kids that weren’t in the competition made us feel important and still a significant part of the conference. I loved the fact that none of the activities were boring or dull but instead, they were upbeat and exciting.

I want to thank you for a great class and for allowing me to experience part of the fierce BDPA national HSCC championship event. Honestly, I had a really great time in Philadelphia.

Thank you Beverly for being a really cool/chill chaperone :).

John, Temitope, and Rodd thank you for the Saturday classes, lunch every week, and the awesome trip to Philadelphia.

Sincerely,
Kelly Cooke

BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) hopes that we will see at least 100 students at the 2011 Youth Technology Camp that will be held in Chicago IL. Will you help 'make it so'?

No comments: