This is a very exciting time to be a member of BDPA. As we continue to increase the value proposition for you, we are focused on accomplishing three main goals in the coming year:
- Helping YOU to set yourself up for success
- Helping YOU to land (or keep) a new job
- Helping YOU to feel secure and well-connected as a professional at the top of your game
Career Triage© includes:
- Resume Rescue© - tips on strengthening your resume to market yourself more effectively
- Interview Infusion© - strategies on effective interviewing skills
- Networking Nutrition© - techniques on developing and leveraging relationships for job seekers
The BDPA chapters in Greater Birmingham, Hampton Roads, Hartford and Houston chapters are prepped and positioned to be back on line soon. Vice President of Membership Management Chad White and the Regional directors are working diligently with the local leadership to assist as needed.
This is Black History month and chapters across the country will conduct various Black Family Technology Awareness Week activities from Sunday, February 12 through Sunday, February 19. Check your chapter calendar for local events near you. I will host a BFTAW activity with the Philadelphia Chapter at the Black Engineer of the Year Award Conference on Saturday, February 19th at the Philadelphia Marriott.
I am looking forward to BDPA reaching greater heights in advancing African Americans in the information technology industry. I know that each and every one of you will do your share by volunteering at the chapter, regional or national levels, donating to the scholarship fund and encouraging your peers to join this great organization.
Please read my blog to learn more about BDPA.
Monique Berry, president