Friday, March 23, 2012

Connect With Monique: The 11 Secrets of Highly Influential IT Leaders

by Monique Berry, president
National BDPA

I was given this book, "The 11 Secrets of Highly Influential IT Leaders" by a friend. I must admit, I didn't put it at the top of my reading list. Something in the mystery genre is more my speed. Having read many IT and general management books I thought it would be good for those nights when getting to sleep can be difficult BUT I have to say this was not your typical management book and once started I needed to finish it.

It is a very easy to read book, about the right length and packed full (well 11 actually) of some extremely useful information.

The author has done an excellent job in researching what makes a successful IT leader and put the answers into an easy to understand style that makes you want to start putting them into action straight away.

Each reader will relate to different parts of the book, based on his/her individual experiences and will find different parts to be either commonplaces or insightful. No surprise, since we each bring very different experiences and beliefs to the book. But I'm sure that anyone who faces off with end users and business stakeholders will take away something of value.

I recommend this book to CIOs, IT Directors, IT Managers, Program and Project managers and those that want to aspire to those positions. I believe you will truly learn something from this book that will help you to become more successful.






No comments: