Friday, December 25, 2015

Daylee Hopson Uses Monsanto Scholarship to Study Computer Science at University of Missouri

Daylee Hopson
Monsanto is a powerful BDPA sponsor. They announced four college scholarships at the 2014 National BDPA Technology Conference held in Indianapolis, Indiana. One of the winning scholars is Daylee Hopson, a student member of our BDPA St. Louis chapter. She plans to use her Monsanto Scholarship at the University of Missouri as she studies computer science.

Daylee was recommended for the scholarship by the late BDPA St. Louis president Toni Love.
Daylee wrote, "Being a member of the BDPA has been a very memorable experience for me. Toni Love, was a dear friend of my family. If it weren’t for her encouraging me to join the BDPA, I would not have received this scholarship. She wanted me to get this scholarship, and I wish I could tell her that I did. Nevertheless, this experience has only made me eager to be more integrated into the BDPA community."
Daylee's career goal is become a Computer Network Architect or an Applications Software Developer.
Daylee wrote, "I am good with computers, but I am more interested in the math side of the job. Math is enjoyable to me, and with the world of computers gaining an all time high, there couldn’t be a better choice. When considering a Master’s degree or PhD, I will not be limited to any one career. As technology improves, I too will attain a greater comprehension of computers. This means that I will always be employed because I will always know about the new things arising."
Daylee is a remarkable example of the BDPA mantra -- 'from the classroom to the boardroom'! We are glad that she is using this college scholarship to further her career in the IT industry. Our hope is that we will see her back at the National BDPA Technology Conference being held next year in Atlanta!

No comments: