The lifeblood of any nonprofit association is its membership. We have a new chapter who leads the nation in BDPA members.... BDPA Detroit. The chapter ... led by its president, Loraine Stewart-David ... continues to amaze others by its consistent growth. The chapter grew by over 27% in the past year as they continue moving towards the next milestone of having 300 members this year.
We continue to operate under the leadership of National BDPA VP-Membership Management Mildred Allen. Her team now includes Chad White (Dallas) and Judaea Lane (Memphis). Her efforts have allowed BDPA to continue to grow. She realizes that we need to work hard to keep membership growth and retention higher.
|Loraine Stewart-David * BDPA Detroit President|
BDPA believes in the management maxim -- you get what you measure. Let us assess the numbers in order to honor those local BDPA chapters who are demonstrating success in their efforts to recruit and retain members. Let's take a look at the ten largest chapters in BDPA-Nation:
- Detroit - president, Loraine Stewart-David
- Cincinnati - president, Shawnda Peterson
- Atlanta - president, Vincent Montgomery
- Chicago - president, Reggie Rush
- Indianapolis - president, Terry Morris
- Philadelphia - president, Cedric Edwards
- Milwaukee - president, Allen Baylor
- Washington DC - president, Perry Carter
- New York - president, Tyrone McKinney
- Triangle - president, Carl Hill
National president Mike Williams recently touted the value that organizational re-branding has made on BDPA. What are your thoughts about the value of BDPA membership? What can your local chapter do to improve the value-proposition for you on a personal or professional level?