Monday, July 24, 2017

HSCC Testimonial: Suntheng Taing (Atlanta, 2013)

Suntheng Taing
One of our most active and successful chapters in the High School Computer Competition (HSCC) is from Atlanta. BDPA Atlanta students earned 3rd-place in National BDPA High School Computer Competition (HSCC) championship held in August 2013. The HSCC competition comprises three components: oral testing, written testing and a programming project. Suntheng Taing was a member of the Atlanta team. He earned a $500 college scholarship that he would like us to apply towards Georgia State University. Suntheng was born in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and he currently lives in Lilburn, Georgia.
Suntheng wrote, "Growing up, my fascination with technology and art allowed me to create magnificent projects which resulted in my efforts to major in Computer Science. With my studious mindset, I chose Georgia State University as an opportunity to grow my intellectualism in the future."
When asked to share his thoughts on the HSCC competition, Suntheng wrote,
"It was an honor to be a part of the BDPA HSCC Atlanta Chapter. I enjoyed the marvelous teachers and coordinators that work hands-on with students who have an immense passion in the field of technology. The most memorable aspect of participating in the HSCC is knowing the determination in my peers and in myself. What struck me the most about my experience was the growth that I encountered in the Chapter because of the drive that I did not know I had."

We encourage our readers to make a secure online donation to the Dr. Jesse Bemley Scholarship Fund so that we can continue to recognize young scholars like Suntheng in the future!

No comments: