Thursday, October 12, 2017

Brandon Ellis Will Use Johnson & Johnson Scholarship at University of Memphis

BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Johnson & Johnson awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to nine (9) students. One of those students is Brandon Ellis from Memphis, TN who will use the scholarship to support his study of computer science at University of Memphis.

We asked Brandon to share his thoughts on his education and BDPA:

JnJ Scholar * Brandon Ellis
"I am a past Computational Chemistry research assistant, and currently develop for iOS and the Microsoft Hololens. I served as the vice president of BDPA Memphis, and currently work with the Memphis Orange Mound App Committee. My goal for the year is to receive grant funding for thermography and artificial intelligence (AI) integration for the Hololens, as well as prepare for my upcoming summer internship at Johnson & Johnson as a Software Engineer. After graduating, I plan on attending graduate school to further my understanding of AI and its applications to real world situations.

BDPA has given me an experience like no other. A passionate BDPA evangelist and great friend of mine, as well as our advisor, gave me the opportunity to help bring BDPA back to Memphis. Over the past year, we’ve had the pleasure of introducing BDPA to members of our community ranging from elementary students to professionals across multiple fields. BDPA gave me the foundation I needed to discover what I was meant to do. From having the opportunity to compete and place in the BDPA Mobile Application Showcase, to landing me my first internship opportunity, BDPA has been there for me the entire way. Here’s to bringing that joy and opportunity to many others."

BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented student as a winner of the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Brandon's career as he seeks to start career in technology!

No comments: