Technology professionals compete in a global economy and must never stop learning. BDPA membership provides access to resources that advance the careers of African American IT professionals from the classroom to the boardroom.
Here are 10 reasons to join BDPA:
- Acquire professional and leadership skills
- Connect to network of IT professionals and executives in the academic, commercial, government and non-profit sectors.
- Enhance and develop additional technical skill sets.
- Obtain exposure to technical and professional topics through program meetings, seminars and workshops
- Obtain free advertising through website and entrepreneur directory.
- Opportunity to participate in the regional and national high school computer competition, internships, lifelong mentors, scholarships and student empowerment activities.
- Participate actively in an organization that is setting trends in emerging technology.
- Participate in certification support groups.
- Serve as a role model within the African American community.
- Support and influence the goals and directions of this leading edge technical organization through the contribution of your own professional expertise.
Out of curiosity ... if you are currently a BDPA member -- what was your primary reason for joining?