Proposals are accepted and reviewed throughout the year. Decisions are made quarterly. It is recommended that you wait twelve months between submitting proposals for funding, regardless of their approval status. Unfortunately, they are unable to fund every quality program or organization for which they receive requests. Please understand that this is a reflection of limited available resources, and not upon the worthiness of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
Cracker Barrel Foundation uses no standard application form. It is requested that proposals be concise and include the following:
Please note: Organizations must have a mailing address from a city where a Cracker Barrel is located.
- Name, address and description of organization
- Past accomplishments of the organization
- Objectives of organization and specific project for which funding is requested, if applicable
- Geographic area served by organization
- History of previous support from Cracker Barrel Foundation
- Exact dollar amount of request
- Plan for evaluating results of project
- What percentage of total budget is the request?
- IRS letter of determination of section 501(c)(3) tax exemption status
- Latest income and expense statement
- Names and affiliations of those serving on your board of directors
- Names and qualifications of employees, as well as numbers of volunteers
- Other sources of income and amount contributed by each
- Other organizations you are approaching for funding
- A few current, relevant articles or reviews about the organization, if available