|2012 IT Showcase Winner|
|2013 IT Showcase Winner & Friends|
BDPA seeks scholarly papers/projects on leading edge technologies in STEM disciplines with a focus on, hardware and software methodologies, research proofs of concept encompassing, but not limited to, artificial intelligence, intelligent technologies, smart toys, machine learning, genetic algorithms, wearable computing, web technologies, green IT technologies, virtual IT technologies, high performance computing, computing curricula, computational science (across the physical and life sciences), green energy technologies, robotics, climate change or global warming.
The National IT Showcase Coordinators will work with chapter volunteers and students to help them develop their research project. The final recommendation on the student's participation will be made after the research paper is completed.
Participants are expected to follow this timeline:
- Research paper (8 page maximum) – due April 15, 2014
- PowerPoint presentation from the paper (10 min. for IT Showcase) – due June 6, 2014
- Poster display (3ft by 4ft) graphically depicting research topic - due June 6, 2014
- Photo (B&W) and Bio – due April 15, 2014
- Trip Report - Due August 16, 2014.
Contact Dr. Jesse Bemley (IT Showcase coordinator) on (301) 584-3135 if you have questions or wish to discuss further.