Friday, October 30, 2015

Paula-Marie Mensah Uses Johnson & Johnson Scholarship at Southern University

Paula-Marie Mensah
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Johnson & Johnson awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to eight (8) students. One of those students is Southern University junior Paula-Marie Mensah. Paula is currently a Mechanical Engineering major who plans to graduate in 2017.
Paula wrote, "My name is Paula-Marie Mensah. I am a 20 year old, junior Mechanical Engineering major at Southern University Agricultural and Mechanical College in Baton Rouge. I am involved in many organizations on campus and in my community such as the National Society of Black Engineers of which I serve as Programs Chair. I also serve as 1st Vice President of the Honors Student Association, and Chief of Staff of the Association of Women Students. I am a current member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Society of Woman Engineers, Louisiana Collegiate Honors Council, STEM NOLA and Habitat for Humanity Volunteers, and African Christian Fellowship Youth. I enjoy cooking, reading and spending time with my family and friends. I plan to graduate in the spring of 2017 and pursue a graduate program in Engineering. It is truly an honor and a privilege to represent Johnson & Johnson and the BDPA Education and Technology Foundation as a recipient of the scholarship for the 2015-2016 school year. This opportunity will allow me to contribute to keep school as my main focus without worrying how my school needs will be taken care. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me make my dreams come true."
We appreciate the opportunity to support this remarkable woman!

No comments: