National BDPA VP-Membership Management (VPMM) Mildred Allen meets on a monthly basis with the local chapter VPMMs. Her efforts have allowed BDPA to continue to grow. Currently BDPA has higher level of membership then it did coming into the calendar year. We need to work hard to keep membership growth and retention higher.
BDPA believes in the management maxim -- you get what you measure. Let us assess the numbers in order to honor those local BDPA chapters who are demonstrating success in their efforts to recruit and retain members. Let's take a look at the ten largest chapters in BDPA-Nation:
- Cincinnati - president, Dalric Webb
- Chicago - president, Reggie Rush
- Atlanta - president, Derrick Brown (moved up 1 spot since last month)
- Detroit - president, Beverly Moore (dropped down 1 spot)
- Philadelphia - president, Eileen Gadsden (moved up 1 spot)
- New York - president, Tyrone McKinney (dropped down 1 spot)
- Washington DC - president, Perry Carter
- Indianapolis - president, Terry Morris
- New Jersey - president, Goldie Bonney
- Milwaukee - president, Carmen Giles
Our national president, Pamela Mathews, recently touted the value that organizational re-branding has made on BDPA. What are your thoughts about the value of BDPA membership? What can your local chapter do to improve the value-proposition for you on a personal or professional level?