Friday, November 16, 2007

HSCC Testimonial: Jonathan Johnson (2001)


BETF-Blog Readers have a chance to read the testimonials from our HSCC alumni. Our HSCC program was created over 20 years ago. I would love to find some of the alumni from the 1980s and 1990s. For now, I am grateful to Jonathan Johnson. This is the first time, to my knowledge, that we are hearing from someone who competed back as far as the 2001 national conference.

Here are the words from one of our warriors!

My name is Jonathan Johnson. I am an alumni member that represented BDPA Dallas chapter in the 2001 High School Computer Competition (HSCC). In 2001, I joined BDPA and attended the Dallas Chapter SITES program. These classes give me several useful technical skills including HTML, JavaScript, ASP, and SQL. More important than these skills; however, was the exposure to the IT Profession environment.

The experience of planning projects, solving problems, and giving presentations will follow me for the rest of my life and assist me in any career I may choose to enter in the future. Being able to network with professions in the IT field, learning about their experiences and the problems they face everyday is invaluable. My affiliation with BDPA has led to several internships and has given me confidence in myself necessary to face the world of IT.



Please share some love with Jonathan in the comments section! In fact, please consider making a donation to BETF on behalf of Bro. Johnson and the HSCC alumni of the future!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anyone seen Jonathan? Tell him we want him to POST A COMMENT here on our blog! Are there any Dallas chapter members or supporters in the haus?