Thursday, April 17, 2008

HSCC Testimonial: Reginald Jamerson (2002)

We need your help raising scholarship funds for this year's high school computer competition. We want to raise $2,500 to fund scholarships for the 6th place team at the national competition in Atlanta. Click here if you want to make a pledge towards this scholarship fund.

Last year, the HSCC team from Charlotte NC finished in sixth place and did not receive any Bemley Scholarships. I thought you might be persuaded to donate to our scholarship fund if you heard directly from a HSCC alumni from Charlotte. Take a moment to read the following testimonial from Reginald Jamerson:
"During my senior year of high school, I was informed by my guidance counselor about a BDPA computer training program for youth. I decided to give it a try to see what type of computer knowledge I could gain from the program. From day one I was impressed with the set goals and leadership provided by my BDPA Charlotte Chapter. The students were all very willing to learn and focused on improving their programming skill set. I learned about teamwork and felt as though I was apart of something bigger than myself.

The 2002 BDPA conference at Walt Disney World was wonderful! I found the Youth Technology Workshops informational and truly felt blessed with the opportunity that was presented to me; additionally I had never been to Disney World. I’ll never forget the lessons learned at the BDPA conference and how it in a way prepared me for my freshman year of college. I currently work as a Networking IT professional for Wachovia and have goals to become an entrepreneur. This was an invaluable experience!"


Share some BDPA-Love with Reginald in the COMMENTS section below. You can help all of our students by donating to the Bemley Scholarship fund today. You can make your pledge below in the COMMENTS section and I'll get back with you directly. What say u?

No comments: