Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Time For Thanks


Many of us will muse about those for which we are most thankful when we sit down later today for Thanksgiving dinner. In that spirit, I thought I would share a few things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Goes without saying that I'm thankful for my family ... this post will focus on my BDPA thoughts.

I am thankful for the opportunity that BDPA provided to me over the past 20 years. I've been blessed to serve as National BDPA president ... and now I lead the BDPA Education & Technology Foundation. BDPA strives to make a difference for African Americans in the IT industry. Our future is unlimited. After all, didn't we just witness the election of the first African American President of the United States?

I am thankful for people like Earl Pace, Vivian Wilson, Michael Robinson, Diane Davis, Milt Haynes, Gina Billings, Norman Mays, Yvette Graham, Gerard Anderson, Jackie Ockleberry, Michael McCrimmon, Donna McKay and the many others that fought for the advance of African Americans in the IT industry from the 'classroom to the boardroom'. The foundation they laid gave us the strength to make BDPA what it is today.

I am also very thankful for you and your continued support of the BDPA Foundation, with which we were able to provide over $171,000 in scholarships to more than 100 students . . . able to support the youth education programs hosted by BDPA chapters in over 30 cities around the nation . . . and able to begin a 5-year quest to create a $5 million BETF Endowment Fund.

So, when I sit down to Thanksgiving dinner tonight, I will be thanking you for your strong commitment to the BDPA. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peace,
Wayne Hicks, Executive Director
BDPA Education & Technology Foundation

1 comment:

Live News said...

Hello sir,

We were taking some time today browsing some information for our blog. As we were searching for news and resources, we landed in your site. We were happy to see your links page containing resources of relevant categories. We would be glad if you could provide us a link.

Our webpage includes information about daily news We update our site on an everyday basis to provide our viewers quality information. If you provide us a link in your featured blogs, it will be benefiting your end users as well as us.

Here is our link information

Title: Current News Updates

URL : http://news-updations.blogspot.com

I request you to add our link to your site from this page. If you have any questions

please feel free to email us and we will respond promptly.
megaanaustin@gmail.com

If u added my link , I will also add your link on my blog

With Regards,
Megaanaustin