Saturday, February 14, 2009

Amazon Kindle 2

My mom is devoted to her Amazon Kindle. I wonder how she feels about the introduction of Amazon Kindle 2, the next generation wireless reading device.



You can see from the photo that it has a sleek and thin design that makes Kindle 2 as thin as a typical magazine and lighter than a paperpack. Apparently, the new Kindle has seven times more storage and now holds over 1,500 books. That won't make much of a difference for anyone that I know. Who the heck needs to have 1,500 books in storage? Do you have that many books in your house?

It has a longer battery life and faster page turns. That is a good feature. I hate any device where the battery runs out too quickly.

It appears to have an advanced display with crisper images and clearer text for an improved book-like reading experience. That is a great feature for older villagers like myself who are operating with bi-focals and such!

Are you thinking about purchasing a Kindle 2 anytime soon? I wonder if Amazon will let the folks who bought the original Kindle upgrade or trade-in for the new Kindle?

No comments: