Thursday, August 13, 2009

HSCC Testimonial: Justin Bagley (Orlando)

We often talk about our youth being the key to the nation's future. I am proud to be part of an organization that turns talk into reality with a national high school computer competition (HSCC). These youngsters deserve scholarships that will help them get into college.

For example, Justin Bagley was a member of the 2004 HSCC team trained by BDPA Orlando chapter. Justin shared his remembrances about his experience:


My experience at the BDPA Conference in Dallas, Texas was remarkable. It opened my eyes to the world around me. By that, I mean having the opportunity to interact with other minorities from across the United States who shared the same interest in technology as I did. What I got from that exchange with other students was valuable information on how to further myself in my career as well as a network of friends that I could turn to later in life.

In addition to that, the speakers that were present at the conference were impeccable and served as true role models of what hard work and dedication can lead to in ones profession. With that said, I would recommend BDPA to anyone of any ages because the values showcased in the organization transcend age.

Wouldn't it be great if we could offer scholarships to more students like Justin? If you agree ... then perhaps you should turn talk into action also!

No comments: