Applied Materials Foundation has a number of programs that are dear to its corporate heart, including:
- Applied Materials Education Initiative: Focuses resources and strategic investments over sustained periods of time toward students in underserved communities. Using a comprehensive approach, the Education Initiative targets the entire educational pathway of students - from pre-school to college completion - in communities that have lower levels of student achievement and opportunities.
- The Tech Museum of Innovation Awards: The global program recognizes and works to extend the reach of breakthroughs in applying technology to improve the quality of life around the world.
Grants are made for one year and may be renewed for up to two additional years based upon results. Applied Materials does not award grants for general operating expenses.
To be considered for funding, all grant proposals must meet the following guidelines:
- Generally, Applied Materials supports programs or projects that are based in, or directed toward, a city or region where Applied Materials has operations. For grant consideration outside of the U.S., please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the request and it will be forwarded appropriately.
- Grantees must be a school or a charitable organization that is classified as 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Requests for $2500 or more must be submitted through their online grant application tool.
- Requests for $2500 or less may be submitted through their simplified online grant application tool.
- Proposals will be reviewed to ensure they meet the specific criteria for the four grant making categories: Education, Civic Engagement, Environment, and Arts & Culture.