Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HSCC Testimonial: Frederick Watson, Jr. (BDPA Chattanooga, 2007-2009)

BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) has awarded more than $377,000 in college scholarships over the past 13 years. We are very proud of the hundreds of young people we helped get into college. These are the young people that BDPA sends out to win the future. Of course we can't do it without the assistance of our donors.

We heard from one of our Bemley Scholars this week. He wants to use his Bemley Scholarship to support his education at Middle Tennessee State University. Take a moment to read his testimonial:

My name is Frederick Antonio Watson, Jr. I am a Business Management student at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. For three years, I participated in BDPA Chattanooga Chapter’s High School Computer Competition Program. In preparation for the National BDPA competition our team attended weekly computer training sessions, which also included problem solving, team building and project and time management. Our team represented Chattanooga and was one of the winning teams in the 2007 national HSCC championship.

The HSCC experience and exposure to this program has been very beneficial. As a team, we received mentoring from our instructors and established a bonding friendship; all of us from the 2008 team currently attend MTSU. I am grateful I was afforded the opportunity to participate in it; I gained computer skills that I used on my job as a high school CAD Operator to complete assignments and projects and I actually continue to use those acquired skills today.

Each year, I looked forward to attending the National BDPA Conference. I enjoyed the competitiveness of the competition, listening to the enlightening speakers, meeting so many different and unique people from all over the country, and observing the professionalism exemplified by the organization as a whole. I’m also very thankful for the doors BDPA opened for me and other youths and commends the organization on its outstanding student programs.

Thank You BDPA Chattanooga Chapter!

No comments: