As I reflect over the past twelve months and on our original plans of “Energizing Tomorrows Futures” for our members through professional development meetings, networking events, youth programs and enhancing our social media tools, I am proud to say with our members and the leadership teams dedication and commitment, we are moving full steam ahead.
BDPA Dallas Chapter made several accomplishments in 2012:
- One of the first tasks the Dallas Chapter had to achieve was to make sure we had a platform to share and broadcast information, so we revamped and redesigned our local website and created a twitter account.
- Partnered with Verizon Community Outreach Awards and Recognition Luncheon – This event recognized outstanding students who participated in the computer-training program.
- Provided presentations and webinars that covered technical and professional development to Internet marketing.
- Trained high school students in HTML, SQL, CSS, PHP, project management, oral presentation skills, and teamwork.
- Participated in the diversity and inclusion business resource groups fair hosted by Health Care Services Corporation.
BDPA Dallas Chapter’s primary goals for 2013:
- Enhance our youth programs while expanding professional education and development programs for adult members.
- Engage current members and increase membership base.
- Connect with similar organizations that are mutually beneficial.
- Secure funding for our youth programs.
Stacy Stewart, president
BDPA Dallas Chapter