We are heading into the summer full speed ahead! Your first half of 2014 has been ROCK SOLID in execution of our business objectives, serving our communities, and educating and growing our membership in professional and personal development and networking.
Let me just list your some of the teams accomplishments this first half of 2014:
- Addition of four new leaders (Carmen Byes, Patrick Nelson, Michael Pulliam, Shavon Webb) to the chapter's board of directors
- Chapter growth of 97% in 2014 from 86 members (12/31/2013) to 169 members (6/30/2014)
- Chapter ranking improved from 5th-largest of the 46 chapters at the beginning of the year to second-largest in the nation
- Creation of a 'New Member Packet' available to all new and renewing chapter members.
- Increased the number of current job postings in the greater Cincinnati area available on the BDPA Job Board to 47
- Successful execution of the 2014 BDPA Midwest Regional High School Computer Competition and IT Showcase. The event impacted 15 students from Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Los Angeles
- Successful execution of 26 computer camp sessions on Saturday mornings this year impacting over 20 middle- and high school students
- Successful execution of chapter social events in May (Cincinnati Art Museum) and June (Mahogany's at the Banks soul food restaurant) entertaining 26 members and guests
- Successful execution of every monthly program meeting so far this year with over 120 members, guests and speakers in attendance.
|Meet & Greet at Mahogany's!|
I’d also like to recognize our sponsors who provide much needed financial and in-kind support for our organization. To Brown Mackie College, Cincinnati Bell, Cincinnati State Technical College, Procter & Gamble and any others I have missed ... thank you, thank you, thank you! Our team could not be as successful without your untiring support and commitment to the successful execution of these hard working volunteers.
I hope to see many of you at the 36th annual National BDPA Technology Conference in Indianapolis on August 5-9, 2014. The training and preparation of our HSCC, IT Showcase and Mobile Application Showcase students will be highlighted at the conference. The conference also provides a fantastic opportunity for advancing the individual professional careers of our adult members. Being “right down the road” from us here in Cincinnati, I encourage each member to make an effort to drive over to attend some, if not all, of the conference. Look for me there.
Finally, I ask for your engagement if you are not already engaged. There is so much more we can do but for the lack of willing members who can see the value of giving a few hours a month of their time to a greater cause. Won’t you consider being a part of this dynamic and focused team of technology professionals?
Consider joining the BDPA Cincinnati Chapter Board of Directors. We have a very strong team which works VERY well together to accomplish our mutual goals and objectives. You will be in the company of some really good (and SMART) people with a passion for not only YOUR success, but the success of our youth and our communities. It is a positive team to be a part of and we want you to be a part too.
vacant positions within the chapter. No role is too small and the need is great. You can do this. We need you. Our communities need you. Our students need you. Visit our chapter landing page to see which positions are open and are of interest to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Can you spare a little more than one hour per week to support the good works of BDPA Cincinnati chapter? Let’s talk. Give me a call (513.549-6991) or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let’s chat about how you can give just a little and get so much in return.
As always, your feedback is earnestly solicited. How is your BDPA membership working out for you? How can we improve the value of your membership? Send me a note or pull me to the side at the next monthly program meeting. This is YOUR chapter. Are you feeling engaged?
Dalric Webb, president
BDPA Cincinnati Chapter