BDPA Chicago, founded March 1986, is the reigning BDPA Chapter of the Year. Our Chicago chapter has won that prestigious award four times (1992, 2000, 2005 and 2013). However, the proudest accomplishment of the chapter may be the two times - 1994 and 2006 - that they took home the gold medal for the national BDPA High School Computer Competition (HSCC). BDPA Chicago is one of only two chapters to outperform BDPA Southern Minnesota chapter over the past ten years in the national HSCC championship. The chapter's HSCC coordinator shared his insights on that 2006 championship effort with our blog a few years ago.
Hundreds of young men and women have been impacted by the Student Information Technology Education & Scholarship (SITES) program in Chicago. Some of these students shared their thoughts about BDPA in this video clip:
We are pleased to report on the progress of the students featured in this video:
- Courtney Elzy scheduled to graduate next year from Illinois State University.
- Joseph Huggins, Jr. graduated from the US Naval Academy. He now serves our nation as a midshipman for the US Navy.
- We are unsure about the current whereabouts of Kenneth McCune. Do you know where he matriculated for college and such?
- Carlton Means attended Hampton University. He is now working at Adventist Midwest Health.
- Lee Reed graduated with honors from the University of Michigan. He now works for BDPA sponsor Deloitte.
|Back Row: Malcolm Range, Tyrese Cook, Raymond Adams, DeVaughn Welch|
Middle Row: Cassie Bey, Christian Cherry, Paige Davis
Front Row: Matthew Davis, Marcus
These BDPA students are encouraged to pursue post-secondary education, be the best that they can be and encourage others to do the same. We need support from our blog's readers to raise funds to provide college scholarships for BDPA Chicago students. Won't you help us by making a secure online donation?