Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HSCC Testimonial: Marcellus Sims (2006-2007)

We are actively reaching out to over 1,000 HSCC alumni from around the nation. We want to ensure that they are still engaged with BDPA. And we love it when they share their stories!

Our latest HSCC testimonial comes from a young man who represented BDPA Philadelphia chapter in the national competition held in Los Angeles (2006) and Washington DC (2007).

Please enjoy his testimonial:

"Hello my name is Marcellus A. Sims and I attend Bodine High School for International Affairs. I have been with BDPA Philadelphia chapter since 2003 and have benefited from them greatly.

BDPA has really given me guidance in what I attend on majoring in while in college, which will be computer science. Without BDPA showing me all the great thing that are out there for computer science graduates I probably would have went in a different directions. The guidance that people showed me in BDPA have made me look at things in a different way then looking at the normal Doctor or lawyer career.

The HSCC program has really given me an opportunity to succeed in life and to do bigger and better things in life. The people in BDPA want us as participants, not to just learn programming but to learn life skills and a passion for the computer industry. BDPA teach us to look at things out of the norm, so that we can stand out of the crowd. This way allows us show people our talents and that we just don’t follow the crowd. BDPA also gives life skills that we will us later in life.

Technology is taking over the world and being used in everyday life and BDPA teaches us everything we need to so when we enter college and eventually our careers, we will already be prepared. Without this program, I would not be the same young man writing you. This program has given me a lot and I plan on giving back to them when I get a chance."
Share some BDPA-Love in the COMMENTS section with young Marcellus!

No comments: