BDPA and the BDPA Education and Technology Foundation strive to make a difference in both the Black community. We have some serious people who volunteer to implement programs that will advance the careers of African Americans in the IT industry. We don't always get a chance to know our BDPA leaders in a personal way. This blog decided to try and provide you with a different perspective ... a different look ... at our BDPA leaders.
National BDPA elections are being held during the 2013 National BDPA Technology Conference in Washington DC. One of the offices being contested is the BDPA Northeast region director vacancy. Lilla Hunter-Taylor is a member of our BDPA Washington DC chapter who accepted the nomination for the regional director post. Lilla currently works as the Director of Business Development with Compass Solutions. Before joining the Compass team she was the chief executive officer of The Staff Hunter located in Bethesda, MD.
Prior to establishing The Staff Hunter, Lilla ran a successful insurance brokerage firm for over eight years. Her knowledge of working with small to mid-size companies and individuals prepared her for working with companies and candidates in the staffing industry, she currently serves as the Vice Chairperson of the MD/DC Minority Supplier Diversity Council.
Hunter-Taylor is very active with Dress for Success of Washington, DC and conducts seminars to help women become successful in their future careers. Mrs. Taylor participates every year in the Susan G. Komen race for the cure in Washington, DC. Hunter-Taylor received her Bachelor’s degree in Communications from Bowie State University.
Our blog wanted to know more about Lilla ... so we asked her to provide insights into her soul as she answered our basic question:
IF I WERE A...
- ANIMAL, I would be... a Puppy, dependable, loves you unconditionally
- CAR, I would be... a Camry, great-looking (not to sound vain ... LOL), performs well, affordable and non-pretentious
- CITY/TOWN, I would be... New York (my birth place), everyone visits, loves it and the one place you feel like a star no matter what profession you're in
- COLOR, I would be... Yellow, it exudes happiness
- FLOWER, I would be... African Violet, beautiful color, beautiful history, beautiful continent
- FOOD, I would be... Pizza, do I need to explain? Everyone loves it!
- ITEM OF CLOTHING, I would be... Winter coat, very warm and dependable
- MONTH, I would be... September, the leaf changes are beautiful, the weather is not too hot or too cold, it's Fashion Season, heading towards the holidays
- MOVIE, I would be... Science Fiction or Fantasy, great escape that makes you think
- SONG, I would be... Mid-tempo, not too fast or too slow, just right with a little groove
- SPORT, I would be... Football, it starts beautiful in the fall, everyone seems to have a great time together watching it, and great snacks during the game
- SUPER-POWER, I would be... War Stopping Power. Because war is good for absolutely nothing (couldn't resist)
- TIME OF DAY, I would be... between 5 and 6 AM, the best thoughts are in the morning and they haven't been taken yet
Our hope is that Lilla will join us here on the blog to share deeper insights into these things via the COMMENTS feature! What did you learn about our candidate for regional director via this blog post that you may never have known otherwise?