My name is Michael Wulf and I’m a candidate running for BDPA Midwest Region Vice President.
With only a few weeks before we travel to the 35th Annual BDPA Technical Conference & Career Expo I wanted to introduce myself to each chapter in the Midwest Region and ask consideration for your support in my decision to run for office.
In the past 8 years I’ve been a volunteer heavily engaged in the BDPA Student Information Technology Education & Scholarship (SITES) program ... more specifically, the High School Computer Competition (HSCC) program in the Twin Cities. Most of you know me as their HSCC Coordinator. As a leader in corporate America, I use a collaborative style of management. In this role I view myself in the same capacity - in a supportive role to assist in making BDPA even more successful building on the great work of predecessors.
In this role I will partner with the elected National President, Regional Director, and many others to empower our Midwest region to be the best in BDPA!
Given the opportunity to be elected by your chapter delegates at the national conference my goals are:
- Expand communication between chapters, national and BETF.
- Grow membership and reactive inactive chapters in the region.
- Support local chapter and national initiatives.
- Support membership growth.
- Support youth education, professional development, and HSCC competition.
Things you may not have known about me that you may want to know why serving in this capacity is important.
- Father of a blended family with two daughters, two sons, and three grandchildren. Education and the mission of BDPA means a great deal to me.
- Extremely knowledgeable in the management of geographically dispersed matrix organizations – much like our Midwest region is organized. Veteran IT Professional serving IT for 32 years.
- I live in the “Midwest” keeping homes in both Minnesota and Illinois.
Michael G. Wulf, Candidate
BDPA Midwest Region Vice President