Sunday, November 8, 2015

Harsh Patel Uses Johnson & Johnson Scholarship at Temple University

Harsh Patel
BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF) is proud to announce that Johnson & Johnson awarded a $2,500 college scholarship to eight (8) students. One of those students is Harsh Patel of Temple University.

Harsh recently joined our BDPA Philadelphia chapter. When asked to share his thoughts on being a Johnson & Johnson scholar, Harsh wrote,
"I am currently a student at Temple University pursing a degree in Information Science & Technology. I plan to put in all my effort and determination for the four years I will be in college. The market is really competitive in today’s day and age and I am working hard to stand out amongst the crowd.
My passion for technology began when I was a little kid playing computer games. Here I am today pursing my dream of working with technology as a career. I want to obtain this degree not only for the job and money I will make but for my parents who currently work labor jobs. My parents moved to America for me and my brother to be successful and I owe my whole life to them. I want to make them proud and make sure they do not have to work labor jobs like they do right now. Furthermore, I want to give back to the society and take technology to places where people have not seen it.
Currently I volunteer at many different places and it varies, no set contract. Any time I get I try to give back to the community. In the future I want to travel to countries who are not fortunate enough to use technology. However, all this is a dream but dreams come true when you are consistently taking little steps and progressing in life. I work as a tech support in our university library but one day I want to work for the company that creates the technology."
BDPA is blessed to have such a young and talented technology student on board as both a member and as winner of the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship. We look forward to supporting Harsh's career as he seeks to advance in the technology industry!

No comments: