- Completed our 37th Annual Technology Conference & Career Fair which included celebrating the 40th anniversary of our illustrious organization. The feedback from the Conference has been incredible and we saw a lot of “old faces” who have resumed their membership and commitment to BDPA;
- Attended and spoke at the O’Reilly Media Velocity Conference in New York. BDPA was selected as the diverse association they chose to recognize this year. My talk focused on the purpose of BDPA, our desire to partner with like-minded organizations and how the participants should not take their ability to pursue and thrive in the technology profession for granted; and
- Attended and represented BDPA at CompTIA’s annual ChannelCon conference in Chicago. During the Conference, we hosted a reception and participated in various leadership meetings and seminars aimed at strengthening our partnership and understanding of each other.
In addition, there were a number of general sessions and adult professional workshops that educated and inspired our membership. A number of the presenters will be sharing their content in future webinars hosted by National BDPA. Finally, congratulations to our award and scholarship recipients that were presented during the Awards Gala and throughout the week of the conference.
I would like congratulate and welcome our newest chapter, BDPA Kansas City, on the activation of their chapter during the Conference. 2015 was an election year and the following individuals were elected to lead BDPA nationally and regionally in 2016-2017:
- Mike Williams (National President)
- Pamela Mathews (National Vice President)
- Coram Rimes (VP-Finance)
- Midwest Region: Michael Wulf (Vice President), William Smith (Regional Director)
- Northeast Region: Curtis Jenkins (Vice President), Hayward West (Regional Director)
- South Region: Felicia Francis (Vice President), Markita Payne (Regional Director)
- West Region: John Malonson (Vice President), Kirk Williams (Regional Director)
Our 4th Quarter Membership Drive Campaign is underway. We are soliciting everyone this quarter to become a Lifetime Member. The cost is $1,000 and payment options are available.
As you know BDPA is a volunteer organization, our membership has a vast skillset. We invite all members to get engaged! We need your support to continue making BDPA a success. Numerous volunteer opportunities exist locally and nationally, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what area you would like to be involved with.
In closing, THANK YOU again for the privilege to serve our great organization as President. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
Pamela L. Mathews, president