Monday, June 9, 2008

'Yes We Can' Says Linnie Bailey


Linnie Bailey was chapter president of BDPA Washington DC chapter in the mid-1980s. She moved to California and became the founder of BDPA Inland Empire chapter in the early-1990s. Our chapter in the Inland Empire wasn't able to sustain itself into the 21st century.

Linnie moved her energy and passion in other directions. Eventually, she became part of the movement and the moment that helped Barack Obama win the Democratic nomination.

The Washington Post sat down with Linnie and wrote a remarkable profile about her journey. Take a moment to learn more about Sis. Bailey!

Are there any BDPA members from back in the day that have stories to tell about Linnie Frank Bailey? What say u?

4 comments:

Linnie Frank Bailey said...

Wayne...

Thanks for posting! I'd like to add that I still cherish my BDPA experience. I learned a lot about leadership and organizing groups during my time with BDPA. Many of the skills I use today -- especially presentation and organizing -- I FIRST learned at BDPA!!

I also met some dear friends (Including my husband!)

Unknown said...

Linnie - BDPA has created (and broken up!) more than a few marriages over the years. Anyhow, I would be very interested to have you share any of your memories of your time as chapter president of the DC chapter back in the 1980s. Do you have any photos? Any memories of the HSCC teams from back then? Did you know Dr. Bemley before he became our very own 'Silver Fox' (smile)...

Linnie Frank Bailey said...

Yes...I have LOTS of photos from chapter events and conventions. Of course I know Jesse Bemley...we worked to build up the chapter and I think the first of the high school competitions was around that time!

Glad to see the chapter is still thriving!

Unknown said...

Linnie - I would love any of the historical notes or digital photos that you may have from the early years of BDPA in Washington DC (or Inland Empire) or the NBOD meetings or the conferences that you attended...

Asante sana!