Subrena used her leadership skills to add structure to the BDPA Central Illinois chapter. Her efforts led directly to the chapter becoming a more effective organization. As a mentor to BDPA members, she willingly shared her knowledge ... particularly with those who were new to the IT industry.
Subrena played a lead role in the facilitation of a health, drug prevention and self-esteem enhancement program for girls aged 8-17. The program was designed to encourage healthy attitudes and lifestyles that would enable early adolescent girls to reach their full potential
After the success of the girls program, she implemented a similar program for young boys. The program was aimed at boys aged 11-18 and helped them deal with many of the challenges they faced on a daily basis. Each young man was provided mentors from the community who served as positive role models.
Partnering with her Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Subrena established an annual scholarship program that provided scholarships to deserving students including a single parent pursuing a four year degree.
Community involvement includes:
- National African American Women’s Leadership Institute, Fellow * 2008; Application committee * 2011
- Mount Moriah Christian Church, Trustee * 2004-present
- Project Management Institute, Central Illinois Chapter, Monthly Meeting Facilitator * 2004-2009
- SMART Girls, Program Leader * 2003-2011
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Soror * 2002-present
- Central Illinois Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter Chapter, Committee Chair * 2001-present
You can follow State Farm on Twitter: @StateFarm