Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eli Lilly Scholar * Daniel Puente (University of Texas)

Daniel Puente was a recipient of the Eli Lilly and Company Scholarship for BDPA Students. The purpose of the Eli Lilly Scholarship is to recognize outstanding minority students, with an interest in information technology, who make significant contributions to society.

Daniel is a BDPA Dallas chapter alumni of the High School Computer Competition. He used his Eli Lilly scholarship funding towards his education at the University of Texas in Arlington TX.

Daniel wanted to share the following update with his BDPA colleagues and supporters:



Mr. Hicks,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to let you know that I plan on getting a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems with a background in network from the College of Business at the University of Texas @ Arlington. I also plan on getting my teacher certification in order to eventually become a teacher my first few years after graduation. I also plan on being an active member of BDPA.

Thank you,
Daniel Puente

BDPA Foundation is very proud of Daniel and the other three young people that earned the Eli Lilly and Company Scholarship for BDPA Students over the past two years.

Please let us know if you want more information about supporting or creating additional scholarship opportunities for BDPA students.

No comments: